meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Tuesday, December 27, 2005
NO NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS THIS YEAR!

Are you going to write down a list of new year's resolutions this year? I don't write lists of New Year resolutions anymore, because at the end of the year, when I reread them, I discover that only one or none at all were accomplished.

Could it be that when I am disappointed in my own performance, I am simply expecting too much from myself?

When I think about goals for the coming year, I try to remind myself that it is not possible for anyone to be the perfect wife, mother, employee, or daughter because no one can do all the things it would take to achieve perfection in any one of these relationships.

I usually ask God to help me formulate some realistic goals for self improvement. He can't tell me which things are most important, and what things to do first. But in His Word, He can give me principles that help me determine how to live my life and that is putting Him first, then my husband, my family and my job.

Sometimes I am my own worst critic. I condemn myself when God doesn't. I will try following His priorities for my life and I am pretty sure He will be pleased with me.

I must remember, that at the end of the year, my only real accountability is to God. If I obey Him, He will be pleased with me and I can be satisfied with myself as well.
 
12:45 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 12/26/2005 12:13 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    I too find it better to not make a list...it just depresses me. I set my standards way too high, but I'm glad our Father in heaven excepts us just the way we are! We don't need to be the best, or the smartest and we don't need to accomplish a few things on some list to find favor in His eyes. All we need to do is to live everyday for Him!

     
  • At 12/26/2005 3:27 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    No New Year's Resolution this year.
    I find it useless to do so as it is never ever fulfilled.
    Nobody is perfect. You can never be a perfect wife, mother, employee and whatever altogether.
    As what the saying goes....You can serve two masters. To be perfect in something you must only serve one master. Just make a choice, whether it be you or them.

     
  • At 12/26/2005 10:55 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Correction to my comment. You cannot serve two masters.

     
  • At 12/29/2005 9:01 AM, Blogger Petite Queen

    I am gonna make a few new year resoltuins tis year n im GONA MAKE SURE I ACHUEVE THEM!i shud b more disciplined n write my remember my resolutions everyday...:)