meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Friday, June 23, 2006


JULY CONTEST ENTRY


Photo # 1 - FLAG

The Philippine Flag in front of our City Hall



Photo # 2 - FIRE ENGINE


These are the fire engines stationed in our subdivision.


Photo # 3 - RED, WHITE & BLUE

This was enjoyed by all the mall shoppers in Makati City-Philippines


Photo # 4 - FIREWORKS

This is what we call a "Rocket Launcher". My hubby mounted in on a ladder before he had his photo taken. Unfortunately, it was not properly mounted so it fell and started to launch its rocket in our neighbor's garage which later on caught fire. This was the last firework we had. The year that followed, we celebrated our New Year's Eve by staying overnight in a hotel. We just watch all the beautiful fireworks display from our hotel room.
 
6:45 AM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 6/23/2006 7:22 AM, Blogger -tnchick-

    Excellent entry!

    The city hall there looks nice :) Mall sign was a good choice for RW&B! Lastly, yikes about the fireworks! We usually shot them every year on 4th of July and sometimes on New Years. I do love to watch them, too, tho.

    Your entry # is 36 - that is the number you'll want to be drawn when the contest ends. It ends July 2nd and teh drawing will be posted July 3rd. I am so glad you entered! :) It's fun to see everyones photographs. :)

     
  • At 6/23/2006 9:21 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Good you were able to make the July Contest.

     
  • At 6/23/2006 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cool entry. I love the fire-truck. They are nice and red. Ours out here are white, but look pretty cool to. I just have to get that shot and hopefully have mine posted this weekend...

     
  • At 6/23/2006 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ahhhh....another great entry! Loved your photo's too! =o)

     
  • At 6/23/2006 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hehe I like the firetrucks!

     
  • At 6/23/2006 6:53 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    Great pics :) Have a lovely weekend!

     
  • At 6/23/2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    We are not allowed to set off fireworks here in Ohio...and look at all the fun we are missing out on! :-)

     
  • At 6/24/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Malinda777

    Cool photos. It amazes me how much your flag looks like the flag from my home state of Texas.

    Sorry you caught the neighbors garage on fire, but it's a really funny story :)

     
  • At 6/24/2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Melli

    Oh my gosh! Your firework story! How awful! I would stick to watching the ones the pro's put off too! Great entry! Good luck!

     
  • At 6/25/2006 11:03 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Yeah that is a crazy fireworks story. I think that is why they don't have fireworks in California. You can only watch. I had only the few years of my life which I did fireworks, maybe until 4 or 5 years old...

    But now I'm in Canada so it's normal thing to do here.

    My entry is posted too. :)

     
  • At 7/02/2006 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    holy cow! Were your neighbors upset? OOPS! Love the fire trucks :-)