meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thankful Thursday: What VIAMARIE is thankful for this week


...spending the long weekend with the in-laws of my daughter. We went to a resort outside of our city. That was the first time I swam in 7 years and I really had a grand time.

...celebrating hubby's birthday with family members. We had it here at home and we had the following for lunch: barbecue spareribs with a very special sauce, baked fish fillet and hot salad. For desert, my hubby baked his specialty, blueberry cheesecake which is everyone's favorite.

...attending the last day of the Purpose Driven Life Seminar. It was celebration night last Tuesday and I had the opportunity to witness many heartwarming and touching testimonies which inspired me to put what I learned and experienced for the past 8 weeks into action.
Credit goes to my daughter and son-in-law for the invitation.

Links to other Thankful Thursdays

(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Unicorn Child * Friday's Child * eph2810 * Tyra * No_average_girl

Annette Burkett * Beckie


Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!





 
2:45 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 5/04/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    That's funny but I spent Sunday celebrating my brother in law's birthday with my whole family.
    It's nice that you had fun on your outing.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 6:42 PM, Blogger Daydreamer of Oz

    I love swimming too....wish I'd been at that bbq :)

     
  • At 5/04/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger no_average_girl

    mmmmm i love barbeque ribs! it's always a treat usually reserved when my aunt and uncle come over!

    my list is up! :-)

     
  • At 5/04/2006 7:47 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Good for you. Happy Birthday to Mr. Nightingale....he made his own cake? Sounds delicious. btw....your silver gravy ladle made me laugh! Thanks for coming by.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Spending time with family is wonderful. I am always thankful when the weekend comes around :)
    I truly enjoyed doing the Purpose Driven Life study. I am so happy you had a chance to actually go to a seminar :)

     
  • At 5/04/2006 11:16 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    Awww, I can't wait to swim! Why so long between swimming?

     
  • At 5/05/2006 12:07 AM, Blogger Pirate Princess

    You always have such lovely lists. Celebrating the life of your spouse is such a blessing! I'm glad you had a wonderful time - the desset sounds fabulous!

     
  • At 5/05/2006 12:42 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    A Belated Happy Birthday To Mr. N. Swimming is the only excersize I ever really REALLY liked...It's the best, isn't it? Much to be thankful for.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 1:29 AM, Blogger -tnchick-

    Happy Birthday to the hubby.

    On my 13, those quizzes all came from blogthings.com and each one is linked, just click on the quiz.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger Chris Beason

    Sounds like you had an awesome week! My TT is up and my WW that I didn't get a chance to tell everybody about yesterday...lol.

     
  • At 5/05/2006 7:03 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    Glad you had fun at the outting!! :-)

     
  • At 5/05/2006 7:16 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    Wonderful things to be thankful for :)

    Have a great weekend

     
  • At 5/05/2006 10:40 PM, Blogger MaR

    Happy birthday to your husband! hot salad? cheesecake in any form is also my very favorite!!

     
  • At 5/06/2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Hi Nightingale. I'm a little late in getting around this week. I love your list! I just met my future in-laws.
    Have a blessed weekend!