meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Thursday, June 29, 2006

What VIAMARIE is thankful for this week


There are always two explanations for conflicts that exist in our relationships with others. And just last week when I experienced a confrontation with a senior officer of the company , it was unfortunately very difficult for me to see the opposing point of view. Out of fear, I resolved to incriminate the other side in order to defend my own behavior.

It was easier for me to be right than to admit I had any part in the argument I was having with her. I forgot that: The one who joins the fight is just as guilty as the one who starts it. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A few days later, I noticed that the conflict between us has started to affect the operations of the company so I started to reflect on what transpired and prayed hard for guidance on how I could release myself from this destructive conduct. Then just a day later, a junior officer who happened to be in the same meeting when the confrontation took place, joined me for lunch and while she was sharing with our other lunchmates what transpired during the meeting, I started to realize that I was wrong in behaving that way towards the senior officer.

After lunch I invited the senior officer to the cofffe shop and there I apologized and so did she.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Things since then started to normalize and I am very thankful to God for using the junior officer to remind me of the simple plan of action of just being honest enough to admit that I am not always right.

From now on I will always remember that honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness to accept the fact that we might be wrong, can usually resolve our inner conflict. By nurturing ourselves and healing the inner anger, we will no longer have reasons for battle.


Links to other Thankful Thursdays
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)





Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



 
7:38 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments: