meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wystful 1 is inviting all of us to join the HOLIDAY DECORATIONS PARADE. Why don't you check it out here. I enjoyed going through the entries and I couldn't help but join. So here is mine...

This lantern hanging in front of the house is made out of capiz shells - a beautiful, thin, translucent shell abundant in deep Philippine waters. Because of its opaque quality, Capiz has a centuries-old tradition of being used as windows in elegant Philippine homes. Now, in the hands of gifted and skilled artisans, Capiz shells are painstakingly transformed into exquisite, handmade pieces of art for your enjoyment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I made both the garland and the wreath out of old christmas decorations that I have been keeping for years.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

These images of Mother Mary carrying Baby Jesus, St. Joseph and an angel which I placed in a corner of our living room are made of rattan-a local material which is used in making furnitures and baskets. This belonged to my mother who has had this set for more than 30 years before she handed it down to me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This tree has 3000 lightbulbs in it. It took me more than a week to complete it. Thank God I didn't experience any busted line while I was in the process.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
6:48 AM | Permalink |


23 Comments:


  • At 12/05/2006 7:30 AM, Blogger Wystful1

    Viamarie, I added some comments to the parade blog under your entry....but I can't leave without saying that this is all so stupendous!! So rich, and such vivid, loveliness!!

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Carole Burant

    Hi Viamarie...I so enjoyed your entry in the Holiday Decorations Parade!! You have absolutely beautiful decorations and I love that most of them are made with natural items found in the Philippines, like the shells! Stunning!!! Merry Christmas:-)

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am all agog. Seriously, you really have taken the time to make your Christmas special. I like the history behind your ornaments and your resourcefulness in recycling. Fantastic! Thank you for the comment, too.

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    All of your decorations are beautiful, but I am just in love with the rattan Nativity. It's so perfect.

     
  • At 12/05/2006 8:35 AM, Blogger JoeinVegas

    I am impressed - that's a lot of work there. And to have so much up already. You didn't start back in September, like the stores around here, did you?

     
  • At 12/05/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger Holly Schwendiman

    Oh it was SO worth all the work - - that tree is absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so muchfor sharing!

    Hugs,
    Holly
    Holly's Corner

     
  • At 12/05/2006 1:21 PM, Blogger GAB

    Beautiful.....You put mine to shame

     
  • At 12/05/2006 7:22 PM, Blogger Melli

    Oh Viamarie! Your decorations are ALL lovely -- but that rattan Nativity is just SPECIAL! I love it! That really is something to hang on to and cherish... beautiful!

     
  • At 12/05/2006 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You home looks so comforting and cozy! Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 2:50 AM, Blogger ... Paige

    Beautiful. Times of family, friends both new and old. Remembering the past fondly and cherishing the present.

    Hoping for stockings full of love this year for everyone!

     
  • At 12/06/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger Raquel

    All of the Christmas decors are looking great. I like your Christmas tree also...I wish I could be there in the Philippines together with my family.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Beautiful Christmas decorations at your home :)

     
  • At 12/07/2006 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love all the decorations, especially the parol! Maligayang Pasko :)

     
  • At 12/08/2006 1:51 AM, Blogger Sue

    Your decorations are beautiful. Your tree looks great. And I love your wreath.

    Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 12/09/2006 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow! you really have some wonderful and unique christmas decorations! I love them all actually.

    And 3000 bulbs? *whistles impressed*

    Looking very nice, giving me real christmas feelings, thanks!

     
  • At 12/09/2006 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice flowers and tree! I love the base covering matt under your tree, very pretty.

     
  • At 12/10/2006 2:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love Christmas lanterns. I love the spectacular display of colors and lights.

    What a spectacular Christmas tree. I love all your Christmas decorations esp. your ability to transform old decors into new and beautiful ones.

    Rach

     
  • At 12/10/2006 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    oh so Christmassy.. Love the nativity scene and the lantern...

     
  • At 12/10/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger PastormacsAnn

    LOVE your Christmas decoration! Your tree is just stunning!

     
  • At 12/13/2006 9:29 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Very lovely tree. Such huge trees and 3,000 lights, Wow!
    I have joined the parade too.

     
  • At 12/13/2006 8:24 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :)

    Lovely display of all of your decorations. The shot of the Christmas tree is wonderful. It came out so well. I had trouble trying to get my whole tree without the flash going off, so I needed to just post a part of it to get the proper lighting effect. Come 'n see.

     
  • At 12/20/2006 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Such a beautiful tree! Great job with all those lights! I really love the pointsetta lantern. Here's the link to my entry:
    http://micmcllst.blogspot.com/2006/12/holiday-parade.html

     
  • At 12/25/2006 11:30 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess

    I think I would always cherish your manager scene. It will always be very special to you especially in years to come. Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog. We have had a great Christmas this morning with our daughter, her hubby and our two smallest grandchildren. I hope you did too.. Sandy