meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, June 17, 2007

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 THINGS I THANK MY DAD FOR

... defining altruism, integrity, perseverance,
and loyalty by your example

... teaching me that life does not come with
money-back guarantees and warranties

... showing me how to march to the beat of a
different drummer on a road less traveled

... reminding me that a cluttered room equals
a cluttered mind


... showing me that Dads do housework as well

as moms - when the spirit moved you


... passing on to me our family's greatest

and most valuable asset - our reputation

... cultivating my sense of humor


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

 
4:45 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 6/17/2007 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is very nice. Cultivating your sense of humor touched me. My mother was wonderful at this trait. It is so important. I see so many parents stifling humor in their relationship.

    It is really a precious gift and adds to memories.

    Hugs,
    Connie

     
  • At 6/17/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger Susan

    Those are great things to thank him for. My SS is up too...for Father's Day. Thank you for sharing your Dad's lifelessons and gifts with us. What a blessing.

    :-) Susan

     
  • At 6/17/2007 11:06 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    Very worthy reasons, ViaMarie. Fathers are a great influence on uus.

     
  • At 6/17/2007 11:22 PM, Blogger Melanie

    Your father sounds like a wonderful man!

    It's good to have you back in bloggityville!

     
  • At 6/18/2007 3:42 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Welcome back, you were missed. Stop by and meet my grand baby Emma. Your dad sounded like a wonderful man.

     
  • At 6/18/2007 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I was blessed with a wonderful father, too. We are both very fortunate! I especially liked the "A cluttered room equals a cluttered mind" part. Good food for thought.

     
  • At 6/18/2007 7:03 AM, Blogger Joan

    Some wonderful and important lessons. Good parents are a blessing beyond compare.

     
  • At 6/18/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    A wonderful tribute to you dad :)

     
  • At 6/18/2007 10:27 PM, Blogger MaR

    Beautifully written!

     
  • At 11/18/2007 3:58 AM, Blogger Annelisa

    Lovely words to your father!