meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Thursday, June 14, 2007
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm back. After almost 2 months of absence from the blogging world, I can say I really missed all of you. I'm not sure what exactly happened. I just felt like life is just a routine. I do the same things over and over until I cannot help but feel bored and restless. Wake up in the morning, go to work, get home, blog, surf the net, sleep, and wake up again. To do what? To go to work again. The cycle continues. It may be enjoyable at first, doing what I do. But right in the middle of it, sometimes I cry out and say, "I need a break!"

When I reached this point of staleness, I just had to stop. I then decided to take a break. Breathe. Relax. Maybe the problem was I had taken everything so seriously, squeezing away all the fun and excitement life offers.

Last week I had the luxury of getting away from it all for a while- away from everything that gave me anxiety, fear and stress. It was not escaping from my responsibilities. It simply meant taking a much-needed temporary break.

And as I did this, I took time to reflect and look into myself. What had I been investing my life into? Evaluated present relationships. Thought of questions like, "What had I been pursuing in my life? Was I growing as a person" Had my character been strengthened lately? What had I been struggling with?"

I am very thankful that the break became a source of motivation - to inspire me to face the coming days with renewed strength and a fresh vision. It's like starting all over again. The break also made me look up, realign my life with God's direction and realizing that He has been watching me all along, waiting for that cry for help.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
 
7:25 AM | Permalink |


20 Comments:


  • At 6/14/2007 9:29 AM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    So glad you came back. You were greatly missed.

     
  • At 6/14/2007 11:05 AM, Blogger Granny

    Greetings from California and welcome back!!

     
  • At 6/14/2007 11:31 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    Welcome back my dear...It sounds like taking this break did you a lot of good! Sometimes that is what we need to do...Stand aside and take a look at what we are doing....That certaiunly can change one's perspective! So happy for you that it did! And happy for all of us that you are now back in the blogging world...Hugs To You!

     
  • At 6/14/2007 8:40 PM, Blogger Alycia

    Welcome back and it's nice to meet you!! Looking forward to reading your posts. Blessings to you on this TT, from Japan!

     
  • At 6/14/2007 8:49 PM, Blogger Denise

    Welcome back, bless you dear one.

     
  • At 6/14/2007 9:45 PM, Blogger MaR

    Welcome back! you are a wise, caring and interesting person. Glad the break helped you. Have a wonderful thursday!!

     
  • At 6/14/2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Deborah

    welcome back and thank you for stopping at my blog over here in africa

     
  • At 6/14/2007 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I missed you so much!!! Glad you came back to us. I did come by now and then hoping to hear from you again.

    Sending you lots of hugs,
    Connie

     
  • At 6/14/2007 11:05 PM, Blogger Pearls of Wisdom

    I am so glad you came back your post really touched my heart as I have gone through similar thoughts lately. Thank you so much for your wonderful post from your heart, your kind visit and comments on my blog. I will be by for more visits. May I put your link on my sidebar ? May the Lord bless you this week and always. I am so glad I found this blog.

    In his endless love,

    Angel ():)

     
  • At 6/15/2007 12:03 AM, Blogger Crystal

    Taking a break is always refreshing....welcome back!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings

     
  • At 6/15/2007 1:44 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    Wonderful to hear from you again after your break, Viamarie!

     
  • At 6/15/2007 3:28 AM, Blogger Deena Peterson

    I'm glad you're back, and thanks for visiting my blog...I LOVE yours!! It makes me smile!

     
  • At 6/15/2007 3:37 AM, Blogger Robin

    I'm glad your break was productive. Times of refreshment are such a blessing. I enjoyed your post today!

     
  • At 6/15/2007 4:13 AM, Blogger YellowRose

    Welcome back! It's always nice to take a break and get readjusted.

    Nice to see you at the "Garden" again!

     
  • At 6/15/2007 9:02 AM, Blogger Linda

    I think we all have times like that in our lives. It was very wise of you to take some time to just be refreshed and renewed. Welcome back to blogging!!

     
  • At 6/15/2007 3:13 PM, Blogger eph2810

    I wondered what had happened. You are right, we sometimes just need to step back and reevaluate what is best for us in our life.
    I am glad that you had the chance to get away and being refreshed.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us about your where-abouts.
    Blessings to you and yours--welcome back :)

     
  • At 6/15/2007 9:15 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie)

    Hello, and welcome back.
    Everyone needs a break sometime ... time out to refresh and regenerate.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Take care, Meow

     
  • At 6/15/2007 10:19 PM, Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow

    Breaks are GOOD. I really need to take them more often. Glad you're back and thanks for sharing your thankfuls!

    Blessings~

     
  • At 6/16/2007 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Welcome Back!!!

     
  • At 6/16/2007 12:41 PM, Blogger Gretchen

    Good for you. I was once told by a pastor that it's always important to hold lightly to the things we do, and I believe he said that for the same reasons you describe. When activities lose their meaning, it's time to re-assess. God be with you.