meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Saturday, December 31, 2005
GOOD FRIENDS ARE HARD TO FIND

Do you have a friend whom you feel you are facing life together with? I have two. One of them is back for good from San Francisco after 5 long years. She came over with her husband today for lunch and we had a grand time catching up with a lot of stories. The other one is due to be back also for good after new year and I am looking forward to having lunch with her right away.

Both are the good friends that are hard to find. When things went sour and lousy for me some years back, they were the friends I could tell all. I could express any honest thought without fear of appearing foolish. They allowed me to talk through a problem without giving me advice. They just acted as "sounding boards". When it came to sharing confidential thoughts they were champions in making it stay confidential. Both are not computer literates so we relied on the few long distance phone calls to update each other. They both have this psychic powers to know when I am burdened by problems especially at work or when I am down in bed due to an ailment. Since they are both highly spiritual, praying for me was all they did to relieve me. Boy, I really do miss them.

To have a good friend is really hard to find. It is one of the highest delights of life but to be a good friend is one of the noblest and most difficult undertakings. Congratulations Precy & Luz for being that kind of a friend.
 
3:55 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 12/31/2005 9:15 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Truly indeed! You only come to know the difference of a friend from a good friend when you are down, helpless and in need. These are the times when as friends you will see who they are. Dad once gave me a riddle that asked: Where can you always find a good friend? Answer: In the word HELP. How you may ask? Becuase in the word HELP they are always first in help and last in pity.
    This exactly is the correct definition of a good friend.