meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Friday, January 20, 2006
HEAVENLY MUSIC
My nephew who works in a big company was surprised to hear music playing in my office when he came over to see me last week. I was shocked to know that there are companies who do not allow music in the offices. What kind of employers are they?

Don’t they know that music, in the right dose has healing power. And fortunately, no life is too busy for music because music coexists so gracefully with other activities.

Invisible to the eye, light as air, this magic called music can surround you with comforting, relaxing sound while you go about your daily rounds.

It is a prayer in a different language – a language, according to many spiritual writers, that is God’s favorite!

For me, setting aside mood music when I am feeling particularly overwhelmed, stressed, and harried has helped soothe my spirit and calm my nerves. So let soft music be your prayer today.
 
1:45 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 1/19/2006 11:57 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    I can't imagine thinking straight and coming up with concepts for my design work if there weren't any music playing in my office. Might drive me nuts! :-P

     
  • At 1/20/2006 2:56 AM, Blogger Trinity13

    At my sister's job, they are allowed to listen to music. But they won't ever turn it to her fav station since it's a christain station. But yet they will have it on other stations with songs containing killing and drugs. Just not right!

     
  • At 1/20/2006 7:08 AM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    I couldn't live if I couldn't have some background music at the office. It soothes the savage beastie!

    On a bad day I love to have something like Enya playing to keep me relaxed.

    Thanks for the well wishes for my father, it's much appreciated.

     
  • At 1/20/2006 9:23 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Music, music, music, It is something that gives you pleasure when listening to it and I believe that where your pleasure is, there is your treasure, where your treasure, there your heart, where your heart, there your happiness. therefore conclude that music brings happiness and is a treasure for those who love it.