meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Tuesday, January 03, 2006
I' VE LEARNED
I once came across an article that shared a compilation about what people discovered about life, love & other good stuff. I found it interesting so I started jotting down my own list. To my surprise, I was able to write down a lot and up to this time I am still learning so what I'll be sharing here are some of my favorites. Here it goes...
  • That worrying does not get me anywhere. Most of the things I worry about never happen.
  • That nothing of value comes without effort.
  • That you can tell a lot about a man by the happiness of his wife and the respect given him by his children.
  • That whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.
  • That I shouldn't go grocery shopping when I'm hungry.
  • That if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.
  • That regardless of your relationship with a parent, you miss him/her terribly after he/she dies.
  • That if you look for the worst in life and in people, you'll find it. But if you look for the best, you'll find that instead.
  • That anger manages everything poorly.
  • That the best thing about growing older is that now I don't feel the need to impress anyone.
  • That violence on tv and in the movies is so graphic and extreme that it's numbing our children to pain and suffering in the real world.
  • That the best and quickest way to appreciate other people is to try and do their job.
  • That how you do your work is a portrait of yourself.
  • That if you want to know who's the boss in a family, just check to see who holds the tv remote control.
  • That inside every bad person is a good person trying to get out.

How about you? Would you like to share with us what life has taught you so far?

 
8:46 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 1/04/2006 8:04 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Life has taught a lot of things but not so much for public viewing. Life through many years gone has taught me reality, harshness, selfishness as well as unselfishness, plasticity, love but not lots of it. It has made me realize that in everything you do there should always be a limit to the quantity and quality you are giving. Put yourself ahead of others. Hope I could do this coz it's mostly them first before me.

     
  • At 1/04/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    As God's child, I've learned that regardless of who is right or wrong, a person must always say sorry in a rift. That saying sorry is not necessarily an admission of a mistake, but is your way of validating a person's feelings and for acknowledging your part in the argument. It doesn't matter who started it, you must always be the bigger person and must take the lead in giving or asking forgiveness.

     
  • At 1/04/2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    I hear on not going to the grocery hungry...or with a hubby. I prob spend twice as much when he goes with me.