meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Wednesday, July 05, 2006

A Tribute to a Loving Father

July 5, 1910 - January 7, 2002

Daddy, you were a good man. You worked harder than anyone should have to, in order for us to have all the things we needed, and sometimes the things we only wanted. You had a kind and generous spirit. Your heart stretched wide enough to surround all of your children as well as your grandchildren and great-grandchild, helping us to feel safe and secure, knowing how deeply you loved us. You earned our respect, and gave us your respect in return.

We all knew you were a man of few words, but when you did speak, we listened. We recognized your profound wisdom, and your wonderfully simple approach to life. Family was important to you, and you have passed that value on to all of your children.

Words cannot express how much I miss you! Up to this day, I still feel the pain of your loss even if I know that you are up there looking down over me everyday. As the days go by it gets a little easier but it is days like birthdays and Christmas that challenges me the most.

I wonder if these days will ever get easier. I will always think about you and how much you helped me all the years we had together. I will cherish those times for ever more.

There will always be a very special place in my heart for you. You were the most caring and thoughtful man known to many and will never be forgotten. You made me proud Dad. I miss you everyday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 
6:04 AM | Permalink |


20 Comments:


  • At 7/05/2006 9:24 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Nice tribute. Very beautiful and very well said.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Unknown

    That is a very beautiful tribute to your Dad. As you say, it gets easier with time.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Very beautiful. I am calling my Dad in the morning, thanks for the reminder :)

     
  • At 7/05/2006 5:54 PM, Blogger MaR

    Beautiful tribute, Viamarie... he is most certainly very proud of you.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger no_average_girl

    what a beautiful tribute to your father! :-) Glad to see you can express yourself and allow yourself to allow your feelings to flow into writing!

     
  • At 7/05/2006 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a beautiful tribute to your earthly father. It is wonderful that you can look back of found memories.
    Have a blessed day in the Lord.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 9:25 PM, Blogger Julie

    Wonderful tribute to your father.Hope you have a great day..

     
  • At 7/05/2006 9:44 PM, Blogger Meira{FB}

    beautiful tribute. Very fond memories to hold you close through this time.

     
  • At 7/05/2006 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A beautiful tribute, thanks for sharing...

     
  • At 7/05/2006 11:29 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    A very lovely tribute, my dear...I understand the pain of this loss...How womderful that you had such a special father.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 1:04 AM, Blogger CindyMae

    That is beauftiful. What an asesome tribute to what sounds like someone who was a wonderful man and father!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is a beautiful tribute to your Dad. And yes , it's during the holidays and special occasions that you miss them the most.

    I took my granddaughter to the golf course that my husband used to work at yesterday, and we sat for awhile and talked to him and said a little prayer. I miss him alot too.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 2:23 AM, Blogger Wystful1

    The words speak volumes!! You certainly were a special daughter to your father....and I just must say, everything said was beautiful, and from your heart!!

    Thanks for visiting with me today.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 2:27 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    A beautifully posted tribute to your father, who was obviously a fine man.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 3:07 AM, Blogger YellowRose

    Beautiful tribute to your father!!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 4:57 AM, Blogger craziequeen

    Very nice, Viamaria.....[nods in approval]

    Your dad would be so proud.

    cq

    My WW is up!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 5:08 AM, Blogger Chris Beason

    Very beautiful. Makes me miss my dad too even though my memories of him are not as pleasant as yours. Thanks for dropping by my WW!

     
  • At 7/06/2006 6:48 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Oh my, I feel as if I missed out by not knowing him. I'm sure you have many of the same fine qualities as he did. So in one sense I kind of know him by knowing you. Thank you for the 4 th of July card. I was really touched by your thoughtfulness.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So beautiful, Viamarie...

    January 7 ??
    That was the same date when my dad died... He passed away last year (2005).

     
  • At 7/07/2006 1:49 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm so glad you had a wonderful dad.