meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Thursday, September 14, 2006




Thankful Thursday: What VIAMARIE is thankful for this week


I was feeling very low this week after discovering that one of my trusted department head did something that made me feel betrayed. It bothered me a lot these past days that's why when I went through my GRATITUDE JOURNAL last night looking for what to thank for this Thursday, I saw my thank-you list that made me feel that what happened should stop me from hurting since there many other things I should be happy about and too important to take for granted:

... friends who love me,
... 24 years at the same job (and loving it more than the first day I started),
... a chance to share my vision for a better life,
... staying centered

It's not easy being grateful all the time. But it's when you feel least thankful that you are most in need of what gratitude can give you: PERSPECTIVE. Just knowing you have that daily list to complete allows you to look at your day differently, with an awareness of every sweet gesture and kind thought passed your way. I realized that when you learn to say thank you, you see the world anew. And as Meister Eckhart so eloquently stated:

"If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is 'Thank you', that would suffice."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 
6:59 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments: