meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, October 16, 2006

It's the 8th Wedding Anniversary of my daughter and her hubby today. Since, I never had an experience in preparing for a wedding, I was very well assisted by my friends at work. Things which my daughter and her boyfriend then could not personally handle, we took care of and they were the reception venue (it was supposed to be a garden reception but there was an impending typhoon so a week before the wedding date, we had to look for an alternative place), the choir, the music (from the wedding march to the reception), the doves, the floral arrangements in the church and the reception hall and the money well (instead of gifts some guests preferred to give cash). Almost all of the guests they invited came so it was one memorable occasion.

Now on their 8th year, the marriage is blessed with two beautiful children and flourishing careers. I can see that this blending of lives is a strong one because their personal relationship with God has become the cornerstone of their marriage...they have invited Him to "walk out front" before them.


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
and May God continue to write
His love story through you!

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
8:19 AM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At 10/16/2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Norma

    This is a lovely memory. I always say my daughter's wedding was the best party I ever had. She was old enough (and independent enough) to do most of the work.

    My MM today is a 3 parter--read the whole thing for 3 times the fun.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    A very lovely memory. Happy Anniversary to both of them.
    Mine's up too.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I love Monday Memories like this! And the picture is very sweet! So far none of ours have had a huge wedding that we have had to worry about! But i am sure the youngest will one day! Wonderful sharing. Happy Anniversary to the happy couple!

     
  • At 10/16/2006 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy anniversery to the lucky love couple :-)

    What a stunningly beautiful bride she was! Wonderful dress too.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Beautiful couple and God Bless them on this special day. I went through two weddings a year apart for my girls! God was good to bring us two very special sons.

     
  • At 10/16/2006 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for stopping by ~ and Happy Anniversary to your daughter! My mom went nuts helping my sister plan her wedding...it was funny because she had already helped me with mine and it all went so smooth. However, my little sister (being a typical little sister) needed everything just a little bit bigger and better. I don't know how my mom did it ~ I wouldn't have been surprized if she had a nervous breakdown. Especially because I was 9 months pregnant ~ she had my baby shower for me on top of everything else!

    My mother is an amazing women ~ and I'm sure your daughter feels the same about you for all the things you did for her 8 years ago...and still do now!

     
  • At 10/17/2006 1:51 AM, Blogger ... Paige

    How wonderful, please give them our best wishes for many many more years to come.

     
  • At 10/17/2006 1:55 AM, Blogger MaR

    Beautiful. Happy anniversary to them!

     
  • At 10/17/2006 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Anniversary to them! Great memory to reflect upon. May the Lord always bless their life and love.

    I'm up too.

     
  • At 10/18/2006 2:58 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    Beautifully written; Happy anniversary to them.

     
  • At 10/18/2006 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is a beautiful dress!
    Eight years, two kids and great careers! That is awesome! Happy Anniversary to them both!