meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, September 25, 2006
Have you ever wondered where all the time went? Just this Monday, as my 7 year old grandson was readying himself for school, I suddenly felt like... didn't this same scene happen many years ago? Flashback of those days when my daughter started schooling came rushing through my mind...they were the difficult times when we had to wake up very early from Monday to Friday so she could be in school before 7:15 AM, the stressful time when the schoolbus and a lot of kids in it had to wait for her in front of our gate all because she was not through with her breakfast, the worrisome times when the schoolbus would pass by the house to let us know that they had to leave school without her because she didn't show up and they had a hard time looking for her after school only for us to find out later that she was in the library, the happy times when we would attend school activities because she was either given awards for winning in the many contests she joined or she was participating in a program and many more memorable happenings. Well, these same things are now happening again with my grandson who is now studying in the same school where his mom went. What's nostalgic about all of these is that the school nurses and almost all her teachers are still in that school and one of them is now the principal and the others are officers of the different year levels.

Below are photos taken when they were about to leave for school at age 4 years old. Both were taken in the same spot in front of our house. It's a pity the photo of my daughter didn't come out well. Just shows how old it is.




Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
6:57 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 9/25/2006 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Those photos are amazing! What a treasure!

     
  • At 9/25/2006 2:26 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Yes come to think of it, time really flies so fast. That was a great post. Yours and mine have almost the same thoughts.
    Mine's up. Come have a look.

     
  • At 9/25/2006 7:01 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    I wonder where the time goes every day. Life seems to be speeding by so fast anymore.

    Hae a lovely Monday.

    Andrea

     
  • At 9/25/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger Maribeth

    It's funny. Back when my kids were in school, and I was waking up to get them ready and off to the bus, I was exhausted. Now that my daughter is nearly 30 I am up on my own at 6 and I am not exhausted. Time flies, and we all change, don't we?

     
  • At 9/25/2006 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great photos! You can see how do have the similar looks. Is he her son?

    Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 9/25/2006 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Thank you so much for sharing :) - It is really neat the both of them went/going to the same school.
    Have a blessed day in the Lord.

     
  • At 9/25/2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Michele

    What a nice memory. My oldest is only 13 and I am already wondering where the time has gone. Mine is up http://micheled.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 9/25/2006 10:55 PM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Time flies way to quickly these days. Thoughts and prayers for the delivery of your new grand daughter coming soon.

     
  • At 9/26/2006 1:52 AM, Blogger MaR

    Yes, times certainly flies by! Today in fact I saw the school bus driving by...only this time my son wasn't riding it...those years are over. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, Viamarie, I appreciate them!

     
  • At 9/26/2006 3:07 AM, Blogger ... Paige

    Makes me go...
    ahh!
    Time moves so fast, I fear someday it will become a blur and faint hum in my heart

     
  • At 9/26/2006 4:50 AM, Blogger Norma

    How precious to have both photos. And I really hope your grandchild is giving her exactly what she gave you!!!

    My MM is up.

     
  • At 9/26/2006 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yes, life sure repeat itself, luckily enough I say :-)

    But I'm having problem to catch the time....

    Love the photos.