meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, December 11, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FAMILY CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

PART TWO


1. We always take a holiday family photograph each year in the same spot,
such as by a favorite corner of our yard. I now have a wonderful record
of the growth of my family.

2. We usually adopt a needy family for the holidays. Each member of my family
buys a present for the person closest to their own age.

3. We eat our dinner illuminated only by the Christmas tree.

4. I see to it that as soon as I wake up in the morning, I play Christmas music
until I leave for work.

5. Some time during the holidays, we go through our closets and box up
clothing we haven't worn in two years and we give away items that are
still in good condition to an orphanage or to the charity ward of our hospital.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
6:42 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At 12/11/2006 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What fantastic and charitable traditions! I am so going to borrow the eating by the Christmas tree lights for our family dinner!

     
  • At 12/11/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Sounds like the meaning of Christmas is alive in your traditions.

     
  • At 12/12/2006 11:59 PM, Blogger Norma

    These are wonderful traditions--also shows you know a "teachable moment" for your family.

    My MM is up. Please stop by and leave a comment. You are already linked.

     
  • At 12/13/2006 2:17 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie)

    What wonderful traditions you have.
    Hope you are having a great week.
    Take care, Meow

     
  • At 12/13/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :)

    Wonderful traditions, Nightingale. I haven't played Monday Memories for a few weeks (I know it's not active anymore but I still post Memories on Monday, usually) and I have a few more up my sleeve.

    All the best to you for the holiday season. I know it will be a hard Christmas for you, having lost a family member this year, but with the Lord by your side you will see joy in ways you haven't seen before.