meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, February 19, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket

Dream Of A Child

Hello, my little darling,

I can feel you start to move inside,

you fill my heart with so much love,

you fill my very soul with pride.


This was thirty two years ago,

it was late evening, nearly midnight,

it was then I started to dream,

about what life has in store for you:


I dreamt that you'd graduated,

so you must have been about eighteen,

and you'd grown into such a fine woman,

in fact, one of the finest ever seen.


You were a terrific artist,

you'd reach to enormous heights,

and your beauty and your character,

were only two of your many strengths.


You had such a gentle spirit,

so warm hearted and full of grace,

a quietly focused achiever,

a gentle determined look upon your face.


You were my only child,

but still, I felt so wonderfully blessed,

to have any child is a blessing,

but it's so wonderful to have the very best.


Like most good things in life,

that dream it had to end,

and mothers don't have extraordinary daughters,

even less have their daughter as a very good friend.


But my friend and extraordinary Peachy,

dreams they can come true,

and I no longer have to dream asleep,

because I'm awake and looking at you.


 
4:01 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At 2/19/2006 12:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    how nice was that! lovely.

    here via michele.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 12:21 AM, Blogger Morris

    Very nice poem!

    Mr. Morris
    Ask Morris

     
  • At 2/19/2006 5:27 AM, Blogger Nabeel

    nightangle is the only animal (bird) that begins with an N .. (i can't think of any other) .. i used to play "name place animal thing" when I was a kid .. hence i remember

     
  • At 2/19/2006 7:17 AM, Blogger Lisa

    that was very nice! Here from Micheles

     
  • At 2/19/2006 8:33 AM, Blogger carmilevy

    Wow. What a beautiful tribute.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 9:03 AM, Blogger Olyal

    What a beautiful poem!
    Michele sent me.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Sandy

    Lovely tribute.

    Not all mother's have extradionary daughters - but I find the girls with extradionary mothers are more likely to be so themselves. I bet your daughter is.

    Michele sent me.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm hoping that my daughter and I will always be friends. We have our moments, as she's only 13, but we're great friends now and I just see that deepening as she gets older. Unlike most teens she shares pretty much everything with me, and that's a sign of a good friendship in the future, I think.

    Here from Michele.

     
  • At 2/19/2006 6:34 PM, Blogger Empress Maruja

    Hi! Michele sent me!

    That is a lovely poem!

     
  • At 2/19/2006 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Michele sent me. What a wonderful poem.

     
  • At 2/20/2006 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    There is something about people who can write poems. Wonderful post. Happy bday to your daughter!

     
  • At 2/20/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Viamarie

    mommyof4... she's 32 and has one son who is turning 6 this March.

    Thanks for dropping by.