meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, February 05, 2006
On Tummy Tuck and Facial Surgery
With cosmetic surgery a trend for almost all walks of life, you sometimes wonder how this person you're meeting for the first really look. You admire their beautiful face, big breasts, sexy body, flawless skin, etc only to realize later on that nothing is original with them anymore. How does this make you feel? Deceived? Here is a story that my friend emailed me the other day and I find it worth posting.

A middle-aged woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital. While on the operating table she had a near death experience. Seeing God she asked, "Is my time up?" God said, "No you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live. "

Upon hearing this, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face lift, liposuction , and a tummy tuck. She even had someone change her hair colour. Since she had so much more time to live, she figured , she might as well make the most of it. She was released from the hospital but while crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by a car.

Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43 years? Why didn't you pull me out of the path of that car?" God replied, "Sorry but I didn't recognise you."

 
9:00 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 2/04/2006 6:44 PM, Blogger Valerie

    LOL that was a good one! Here from Michele's today.

     
  • At 2/04/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    hehehe, yup, that's why Michael Jackson has that coming as soon as he checks in at the Pearly Gates :P

     
  • At 2/04/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    LOL! Ain't it the truth. I think Plastic Surgery is almost becoming a sickness of sorts. The emohasis on youth and staying young etc., is scary to me.

    I would never have plastic surgery because I do not want to look in the mirror and not recognize the person I'm looking at!

    Here from Michele this A.M.

     
  • At 2/04/2006 8:09 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    That was a great story, with a good message.

    Michele sent me.

     
  • At 2/04/2006 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    plastic surgery is so over rated ....

     
  • At 2/04/2006 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is one of the best things I've ever heard. Hilarious!

    I might have a facelift in like 30 years, but that's the furthest I'd go. The idea of people walking around with fake body parts really creeps me out.

     
  • At 2/05/2006 5:42 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    That was a good laugh. Maybe God not only didn't recognize her but maybe thought this person was not grateful enough for what was given to her less than being even contented with herself.

     
  • At 2/06/2006 7:12 AM, Blogger utenzi

    Odd. I never thought of God as being that near-sighted. That poor woman. :-(

     
  • At 2/08/2006 10:35 AM, Blogger Star

    That was cute. It'not for me but if a little lift makes a person feel better than I say they should go for it.