meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, July 16, 2006


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


"Live" in the "now". I will not concern myself with
tomorrow or yesterday. For it is in being part of the
present that I can appreciate the gift of serenity.


I have oftentimes complained about how much I have to do, or there isn't enough time in a day to do it. What I am forgetting is that in performing my daily task, I really am getting a great deal out of life. If I never had anything to do, or never had any responsibilities to attend to, then my life would be very boring and useless indeed. And, most importantly, there would never be a feeling of pride in the job I did well.

It is in the service work that I do for others that I also gain "real" satisfaction out of life. I can enjoy happiness and serenity if I slow down long to enjoy the moment in which I am working, instead of worrying about the end results.

So, I must say to myself; there is a time and place for everything, and now is the time to enjoy what I am doing. For there is no tomorrow or no yesterday. There is only today. And so I must live in the present if I am to be truly happy.



 
2:03 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 7/16/2006 5:18 PM, Blogger MaR

    Very clever, Viamarie. Let me leave you a quote I found recently:

    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future. Concentrate the mind on the present moment. -- Buddha

    Happy sunday!

     
  • At 7/16/2006 8:03 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    In Acting, we call that "Being In The Moment"! A very good thing to do!

     
  • At 7/16/2006 8:30 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    That's living for the day, Viamarie!

     
  • At 7/17/2006 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great reminder to focus on the now. I am so guilty of wishing I could do more or not having enough time. I would never want boring!