meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, July 10, 2006

Taken during one of my piano recitals. I'm the
cute 6 year old girl on the right-front row.


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThere were two other things I was doing as a child other than playing and studying. These were attending ballet and piano lessons. Ballet lessons were every Saturday while piano lessons were every Sunday. For piano lessons, I was made to practice at least an hour everyday during school week and two hours everyday during the summer break. During those years, I didn't like playing the piano because it ate up a lot of my playing time but I had no choice. I started studying piano when I was four years old and I performed in many recitals until I reached high school. Because I did not put my heart into it, I did not become a professional pianist. I enjoyed instead playing the guitar which I now regret very much.

All those years I was performing, there were many memorable events but there is one that I find the most memorable. It was during a recital when I was 5 years old. In the middle of my performance, I forgot my piece. I turned my head towards the audience and started scratching my head . Since I could no longer proceed, I stood up and bowed my head and as I was about to exit the stage, I suddenly remembered what keys to hit so I rushed back to the piano to finish my performance. That night, I became the most applauded performer despite the embarassing situation.
 
6:54 AM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At 7/10/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    It's funny how kids can get away with so many things. This happens at our age and we'll be the laughing stock.
    Mine is up too.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger Renee

    I enjoyed your memory very much. It's funny how those embarrassing moments as children end up being our most precious memories! My MM is up now too.

     
  • At 7/10/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Pixie

    That was cute! One of the things I greatly regret is giving up playing the viola. I started playing in 5th grade & by the time I entered High School I was so tired of it that I quit. My instructor was not pleased & gave me a weeks detention but that didn't help me to change my mind. When I hear an orchestra I get transported to my performances & my heart fills with regret.

    Do you still play now & then? I've often wondered if I picked up a viola if I'd remember how to play........

    Great memory! :-)

     
  • At 7/10/2006 2:48 PM, Blogger MaR

    How cute!! I love little piano performers, get to see them at the final show of the Music School my son attends once a week for guitar lessons. It is wonderful how the little ones master those forgotten notes while performing, it just adds more charm!! Are you still playing the piano? I never learned how to, I can play a little guitar and I really enjoy it. Happy monday!

     
  • At 7/10/2006 7:36 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    I always wanted to learn to play piano :)

    Have a lovely day :)

     
  • At 7/10/2006 9:39 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    Such a cute picture!!!

     
  • At 7/10/2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Melli

    ROFL! Oh that is such a cute, funny story! I can just imagine it! What a great memory! :)

     
  • At 7/11/2006 8:09 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    Great story! The innocence of youth and the recovery from an embarassing moment! Beautiful!

     
  • At 7/11/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger Chrixean

    I don't know what's more embarrasing, your story or my joining the singing contest and forgetting the lyrics half-way through the song! hehe.

     
  • At 7/11/2006 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    hehe I totally love that you went back to finish what you started!