meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, September 18, 2006
# 11


My hubby and I were going through our storage room so we could throw away things we didn't need or to give some to charity when I came across a bunch of long playing records. One of them is this record album of THE VENTURES. They were during my time one of the hottest group next to the Beatles and Elvis Presley as far as billboard charts were concerned. They played instrumental music with their electric guitars.

There were no disco houses then so parties were held in private homes. Almost every weekend, my boardmates and I were invited to jam sessions ( that's how it was called then) that had live bands providing the music all night. Everytime the local bands would play the music of The Ventures, the guys would right away rush to the girls and grabbed their partners and dance the twist or the jerk ( the dance craze at that time). I had many favorites from this album but I remember WALK DON'T RUN as the number hit tune. I don't know what happened to this group. Many of the singing groups from the 60s and 70s have been visiting our country the past year and I hope they will be one of them visiting soon.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
7:15 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 9/18/2006 7:55 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    My kids love going through my old LP's. I remember this group. My MM is up early.

     
  • At 9/18/2006 9:53 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    Your Monday Memories really made me recall my days too. Wasn't that a lovely year?
    My Monday Memories is up too.

     
  • At 9/18/2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    My husband and I have a modest collection of records. We even have some children's records we have found along the way.

    We have a record player and play the records for our two year old daughter. She will be the only one her age that has even seen them!

     
  • At 9/18/2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    My goodness, I have never heard of this group till now! hahaha! The last LP album I listened to was the Menudos!!! LOL!

     
  • At 9/18/2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wow! I remember them. That's great! I have a whole bunch of old 45's, which I left back in Hilo. Although everything today are on CD's. but I still wishI had a record player.

    I'm up.

     
  • At 9/18/2006 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Even though they were a bit before my time, I've still heard them a lot and I still like them! They were great!

    Wonderful memory to share and with a cool picture. Love it.

     
  • At 9/18/2006 10:44 PM, Blogger Norma

    Old sights, sounds and smells can really bring back the memories. What fun.

    Thanks for visiting my MM.

     
  • At 9/19/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Trinity13

    My parents have some old albums as well...even one from the Beatles! I love hearing their stories from that time as well.

     
  • At 9/19/2006 6:28 AM, Blogger MaR

    I don't know this group but we have many LP's which we love to listen to, with all the scratches and not-so-perfect sound from the record player! wonderful memory!

     
  • At 9/19/2006 7:01 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    I love finding LPs. I still have many in my collection. I still have a player though its not hooked up right now.

    Have a great week :)

    Andrea

     
  • At 9/20/2006 2:49 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    The Ventures are a new group to me, but they are part of musical history.

     
  • At 9/20/2006 6:20 AM, Blogger annulla

    So ... did you throw it out, play it or just put it back where you found it?

     
  • At 9/21/2006 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am sorry, but I have never heard of them...
    Sometimes going through some old things brings back some great and not so great memories - doesn't it...