meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Thursday, September 21, 2006




What I am thankful for this week...


...for the small voice that guides my life.

I know all of us have in one way or another experience extremely difficult and trying periods in our lives. For me, it is my worklife and it has made me sometimes feel helpless and lost. The very big responsibility on my shoulder has started to take its toll on me especially so because I am in my post menopausal stage. There were days that my entire waking hours were spent searching for the "perfect answer" to my dilemmas. So much effort was expended on "what to do" that my feelings get lost in the midst of my intellect. It's good that I have this gratitude journal because when I experience trials and tribulations, writing on this journal, without a doubt, stops me so abruptly in my tracks that I am more able to focus on the present instead of the past or future. When I stop worrying and start thanking and praying, the "perfect answer" appears. It is then that I realize that the answer to my problems is not found when I chaotically search for it. Instead, it comes when I am quiet long enough to hear in the stillness that follows, the whisper.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Links to other Thankful Thursdays
(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)




Click here for the Thankful Thursday code

Click here for Chrixean's blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!



 
7:35 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At 9/21/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    I think I should start making my own 'Thank You Journal' too. Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 9/21/2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Maribeth

    It's amazing, isn't it? WHen you get to be old enough so that you aren't always searching in your life, but happy to have found your place. I finally feel that way now. And it is such a blessing.

     
  • At 9/21/2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Small voices that guide are amazing. I am learning to listen to mine more often!

     
  • At 9/21/2006 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a beautiful post - Viamarie. It is so precious to me to reflect on Thursdays - I think that is why I like this meme - It makes me realize how blessed I am...
    I will be posting mine by tomorrow morning...

     
  • At 9/21/2006 7:08 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    have a lovely thursday, there's so much to be thankful for.

    (HUGS)

    Andrea

     
  • At 9/21/2006 8:22 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    Glad to hear you're feeling better with your work... My thankfuls are up as well... God bless you! :-)

     
  • At 9/21/2006 10:41 PM, Blogger MaR

    Very nice post, Viamarie. Have a nice day and thanks for your good wishes!