meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, February 25, 2007


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


1. Count your troubles, name them one by one - at the breakfast
table, if anybody will listen, or as soon as possible thereafter.


2. Worry every day about something. Don't let yourself get out of practice.


3. Pity yourself. If you do enough of this, nobody else will have to do it for you.


4. Make it your business to find out what the Joneses are buying this year and where they're going. Try to do them at least one
better even if you have to take out another loan.


5. Stay away from absolutes. It's what's right for you that matters.
Be your own person and don't allow yourself to get hung up on
what others expect of you.


6. Make sure you get your rights. Never mind other people's.
You have your life to live, they have theirs.


7. Don't fall into any compassion traps - the sort of situation
where people can walk all over you. if you get too involved in other people's troubles, you may neglect your own.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

 
9:28 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 2/25/2007 10:36 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD

    My gosh! What a way to be miserable. Will take note of this to avoid it.
    Thanks for the share. Mine is up too.

     
  • At 2/25/2007 12:13 PM, Blogger Nicole

    Yep. You've struck the nail on the head. Keeping up with the Jones's will do it every time!! Great list. We should just do the opposite right?? Thanks for sharing it!

     
  • At 2/25/2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Great list. I know someone like this, I feel sorry for them.

     
  • At 2/25/2007 10:51 PM, Blogger chelle

    Those Jones's! Getting people in trouble all the time :P

    I love the quote in the picture .. I so feel that way!

     
  • At 2/26/2007 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I had to smile as I read your list. Its a great list, and makes you stop and think. You have definately nailed it. I'm glad we all have things to be thankful for.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 9:09 AM, Blogger Joan

    Sad that there are more people who are good at making themselves miserable than there are who decide to be happy.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Casa De Galletti

    I have a fortune cookie fortune that I have kept posted on my refrigerator for over 10 years. It reads "Always remember: No one can make you feel bad without your consent." thanks for sharing!

     
  • At 2/26/2007 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are SO right about these! I know some people who seem to take each one to heart. Life's too short for all that.

     
  • At 2/26/2007 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Viamarie - if I wouldn't know you better and I know you doing the totally opposite--I would have gasp...
    Sometimes I encounter people who think that way 24/7. Very sad.

    Blessings to your day and always.