meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, February 26, 2007
Love The Job You Have
God's gift to us through work is a sense of satisfaction because
he knows the value of honest labor...Luci Swindoll


Sometime last week, I was in the canteen doing my regular rounds of the different departments of the hospital and I noticed how this canteen aide who spent much of his life in a kitchen washing pots and pans was very cheerful and in high spirits. I couldn't help but ask what made him feel this way and he replied that despite his ordinary job, he made it a point of focusing on the Lord. That very moment I felt guilty of complaining lately about everything in my workplace.

It reminded me of an article that says...work is a healthy part of a productive life whether it's paid or unpaid, something you like or dislike. Even so, you may dream that working less, taking a vacation - or taking off, period - would simplify things. But changing your perspective is even more helpful than changing your schedule. A fresh viewpoint invites you to discover moments of simplicity amid your workday. You may discover, for an example, an awareness of God's presence that fills you with tranquility. You may enjoy a friendship that nourishes your spirit. Or, you may revel in a job well done that stimulates feelings of well-being. Whatever your work, you can find moments of simplicity awaiting you - just open your heart to receive them.

Have you ever thought about what does your work teach you about the simple life?


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
7:25 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 2/26/2007 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Since I get to stay at home with my child, I feel like the luckiest girl alive to have my job!

     
  • At 2/26/2007 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a very wise suggestion. We really should just look what our hands are doing and give thanks that we have work in the first place.

    Blessings on your week ahead and always...

     
  • At 2/26/2007 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I hope you have a wonderful week and many good things come your way my friend.

    Hugs,
    Connie