meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, March 19, 2006


Today I received a sweet smile from my grandson, NICKY. I cherish that look that he saves for special times.

I only have one child, a sweet, talented and beautiful daughter. And then seven years ago God saw fit to bless us with a male. He is a perfect little grandson who captured us all immediately. We soon learned that NICKY doesn't enjoy the cooing, loving and cuddling that a girl shares. Instead, he has a rare special smile that tugs at my heart. Most of the time he is a rough and tumble boy, but when especially pleased or happy, NICKY sends you this most gorgeous smile. In his seven years I have found myself watching his face often for that special smile.

Today, as we all handed him our birthday gifts, his face lit with that smile that melts my heart. In the same way, I love it when God smiles down on me. Just as I pleased NICKY with a small gift, God is pleased when we seek Him with our whole heart. Communicate with Him in prayer, study and obey his Word and God will bless us with His divine favor and peace in our lives.

A smile from my only grandson and a smile from my heavenly Father make a perfect day for me!


Image hosting by Photobucket


Lots & lots of Image hosting by Photobucket kisses for you!!!



 
9:00 AM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At 3/19/2006 9:27 AM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    I hope he has a marvelous b-day, and you have a great one too.

    I hope you don't mind I snagged your kiss/hug smiley! Too cute

    Andrea

     
  • At 3/19/2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday to your Grandson!!!!

     
  • At 3/19/2006 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy Birthday to your Grandson, I hope he has a lovely birthday.

     
  • At 3/19/2006 9:51 PM, Blogger ... Paige

    Our newest one's 1st birthday is next weekend. She is expecting a sibling sometime in August. I love them all {7}& I feel so special when they hold their arms up & out say Nanna! it is the best!

     
  • At 3/19/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern

    We have two grandchildren now, a 4 yr. old boy and a 7 month old girl. Go take a look at them at my daughters blogsite. http://www.drywallmom.com

    Those young ones will snag your heart.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 5:07 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    A Very Happy Birthday To Your Grandson! That smile of his sounds like it could melt anyone's heart in a second! I'm happy for you, my dear.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 10:52 AM, Blogger Sandy

    Happy Birthday to your grandson. Hope his heart sings as much as he makes yours do so.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 12:49 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie)

    Happy Birthday to your Grandson. Hope he knows what a wonderful person he has as a Grandmother. Take care, Meow

     
  • At 3/20/2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Malinda777

    How sweet. My Mama Ann rest her soul used to say, "My day has been made complete, for today, I heard a child laugh"

     
  • At 3/20/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger MaR

    Happy bday to your grandson!! We have new neighbors with two small children, 3 and 5, it is darling to listen to these little voices, sing, yell and laugh out loud! thaks so much for your kind words in my blog.

     
  • At 3/20/2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Trinity13

    My son just celebrating his birthday as well! It was so much fun seeing his smile as he opened his gifts. I just love him being appreciative of things!

     
  • At 3/21/2006 4:37 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    Wishing your grandson a happy birthday!

     
  • At 3/21/2006 12:39 PM, Blogger Chrixean

    happy birthday Nicky!!!!!!w

     
  • At 3/21/2006 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Glad you had a good day- Happy birthday to your grandson.