meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Sunday, March 05, 2006

While I was in my friend's house yesterday, I was entertained by her children who were enjoying themselves in the garden. I could hear them laughing their hearts away, with eyes brimming with delight. This innocent display of happines made me wish I were young again. Wouldn't you too?


We've all been there. There were days when all we would think about is the next game we'd play, what food to eat or what kind of toy to ask for. And who would ever forget that feeling of excitement as we tried to discover new things-how do caterpillars turn out to become butterflies, how do fishes survive in an aquarium or what causes lightning? How fun it was to learn new things!

But as we reached adolescence, we left that sense of excitement and simplicity. Little do we realize how important being a child at heart is. It doesn't mean being dependent always or throwing tantrums but seeing every new thing that comes our way with excitement.

Adulthood tossed us into the sea of wants and wishes. Back in our childhood days, playing in the sandbox or chasing each other made us happy and contented then. Now, how quickly do we complain on things we don't have?

My friends and I decided to join them and we definitely had fun. It made us remember how simple and happy life was when we were their age and at the same time it also taught us how to be a child at heart again.

"I have stilled and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me."
Psalm 131:2

 
2:54 PM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At 3/05/2006 4:17 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    I'm very much for being a child at heart! Almost everyone I know--especially creative people, like actors or painters, etc. sre really all still children at heart! And Thank God for that...I'm glad you all joined in with those iids..I know it had to be fun!

     
  • At 3/05/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger barbie2be

    thanks for dropping by my blog! i hope you enjoy the bread pudding. :)

     
  • At 3/05/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard

    A great nostalgic post, Viamarie. Mosty enjoyable.

    Michele sent me, although I'm a regular visitor.

     
  • At 3/05/2006 6:28 PM, Blogger Daydreamer of Oz

    That's beautiful Viamarie....I think this is the problem with most adults-losing that sense of excitement & mystery...the lucky few of us hold onto it ;)

     
  • At 3/05/2006 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    PLaying is great! Everytime I visit my friend Lisa I always end up sat on the floor with her little boy playing whatever he wants to play... usually cars or lego (I bought him a huge bucket of it for Christmas).

    Here via Michele's today :) Hope you're having a good weekend.

     
  • At 3/05/2006 7:06 PM, Blogger MaR

    I am a child again whenever I am with my niece who is 8yrs old and a lovely little girl. Very nice post, Viamarie, and love your new template!

     
  • At 3/06/2006 2:10 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy

    Wow, love the new look. It is great to have the child like faith and outlook on life. I remember asking my dad for things and he would answer, "Some day". It was good enough for me. I knew my dad, and I knew he knew my needs. I sometimes forget that my Heavenly Father knows what I need and His resources are limitless. Thanks for the reminder.

     
  • At 3/07/2006 2:42 AM, Blogger Trinity13

    I miss being a kid! So that's when I too just get down on the floor with my son and play!

    Btw, I love the new look!!!

     
  • At 3/07/2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Lana

    I can't wait till be have some good weather here.
    I want to go and have fun in the sun.

     
  • At 3/07/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Van Cong Tu

    read your post reminds about my childhood. Thanks for that.

     
  • At 3/08/2006 3:43 AM, Blogger no_average_girl

    aww, that sounds like so much fun!!!

     
  • At 3/08/2006 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    We all need to have that child at heart attitude!

     
  • At 3/09/2006 1:45 AM, Blogger Veronika

    It's nice to be a child again and have fun.