meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
Nightingale









Monday, February 05, 2007
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Can you think of a time when something you've attempted to do just wouldn't work out, no matter how hard you tried?

Last year I received an invitation to attend a conference in Singapore. I was to be accompanied by one of the directors of our medical department. This is something every hospital administrator looks forward to every year and since it was going to be my first time, I was very excited. I started working on my passport months before the actual date but I was encountering problems with my documents. Despite the help of a lot of people , I still didn't get the approval. I stopped following it up when my sister-in-law who was dying with leukemia was brought to the hospital. It was during this time that I stayed at her bedside until she passed away. A week after her cremation, it was only then that I realized that the date she was brought to the hospital was the date that I was supposed to leave for Singapore.

Sometimes when a situation doesn't feel right, we have to learn to redefine our goals, or back-off for a while, or to look for a more natural direction to flow. We are also to listen to our intuition a lot. We should not try to push the issue at all. It must be a sign it's wrong for us.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
9:40 AM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At 2/05/2007 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    i'm currently reading a book entitled "blessings in disguise." it's a great read! it reminds us that if something bad happens to us or if things we want do not happen as planned, it is because God has a greater plan for us and that there's a reason for it. those negative scenarios are actually blessings in disguise. = )

     
  • At 2/05/2007 11:23 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess

    Yes, you just were not to go. God had other plans for you. You were needed by your sister in laws bedside instead!! See he already knew!! God knows our hearts and our ways. I think it is so neat that HE already knows the plans that he has for us. Thanks for stopping by...Sandy

     
  • At 2/06/2007 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I totally agree with you. Sometimes things are not meant to be. Looking back at your situation justn proves it. We just have to trust that God does know what is best for us. Thank you for sharing your wisdom today.

    Blessings on your day and always...

     
  • At 2/06/2007 3:47 AM, Blogger dragonflyfilly

    yep, it's funny because yesterday i was driving along and pondering a problem i am having and the thought struck me "don't push the river", and so it goes, after trying and trying and trying without success to do something, sometimes we have to just stop and know that if it is not happening there is a good reason.

    how timely for me that i have discovered your blog with this message. is that not syncronistic? *sigh*

    thanks for stopping by my blog, and your comments. check back for a new post on Inuit sculptures.

    cheers for now,
    pj

    p.s. love your rendition of the Dragonfly/Damselfly

     
  • At 2/06/2007 6:28 AM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills

    That's really so true! And to think, if you had been able to go to Singapore, you wouldn't have anyway, or would have had to rush home to be in the more important place by your sister-in-laws side....It does make you believe once again, in that prayer which includes "Let go, Let God"...

    And such pretty music, too...! Great to hear this while reading.

     
  • At 2/06/2007 2:30 PM, Blogger Meow (aka Connie)

    I believe everything happens for a reason, and this was how it was meant to happen for you.
    Hope you are having a great week.
    Take care, Meow

     
  • At 2/06/2007 3:36 PM, Blogger MaR

    Yes, I agree with you. There is always a special reason why things sometimes just don't work out...
    Have a nice day!!

     
  • At 2/06/2007 8:29 PM, Blogger The Mistress of the Dark

    See you were needed with your family. That's why it was so hard to get everything in order.

     
  • At 2/06/2007 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am always amazed when we receive our path so clearly. Yet often we do not realize it till after all is said and done.

    I am learning to listen to my intuition more .. sometimes it is hard to trust ourselves.